Search This Blog

Saturday 23 November 2013

New York Birdwatcher Photographs Ghost Ship?


New York Birdwatcher Photographs Ghost Ship?

Speaking of pirate ships, I’m pretty excited for Assassin’s Creed 4. And by the way, Assassin’s Creed 3 didn’t suck. In fact, it’s my favoite AC game so far. Connor wasn’t as bad as people say he is and Desmond’s story ended perfectly. The worst AC game is Revelations and everyone knows it! And that’s all I have to say on that. Now, what were we talking about? Oh right…pirate ships. So today we’re sailing on over to Southampton, New York were a photographer claims he captured what could be a ghost ship. David Sagman was out on January 3rd, 2013. he was on his routine bird watching expedition when he spotted something peculiar out in the ocean. “It seemed to be moving very slowly westward and northward with very subtle shape change,” he said. “no fishing boats were observed nearby.” He quickly snapped up a few shots of the mysterious black haze using his 800mm digiscope on a tripod. He wonders if what he saw could be a flock of thousands of birds. People have suggested that it could be a real ghost ship, while others have suggested that it’s nothing more than a “Fata Morgana”, which is a type of mirage/optical illusion, of an oil rig off in the distance. Those are some of them many theories, but those two seem to be the most popular.

Ghost ships are odd. I don’t think they’re actual “ghosts” since they don’t have souls. I see them more as like ‘windows to the past’ where we’re somehow seeing into the past for a bit. It’s kind of like the tears in BioShock Infinite, sort of. (Man, today’s post is full of video game talk!) Now, that being said, I don’t really believe in ghost ship. But, that’s not gonna hinder my analysis of these photos, so let’s get to it. At fist glance, it does look like a ship. But when you look at it longer, it slowly starts to look like an oil rig. Now I don’t know if there’s an oil rig near where this was taken, so I can’t definitively say that’s what it is. The theory that these are birds doesn’t sound like the answer to me. He said it was moving very slowly, and if this were a flock of birds, they’d be moving all over the place and I think you’d quickly know that you’re looking at birds. To me, the most likely answer is that this is an oil rig and at the distance it’s at, the Fata Morgana effect makes it look all wavy and wispy. I’m not saying that’s 100% what it is, I’m just saying that’s what it most likely could be. But what do you think? Is this an actual ghost ship bleeding through time to the present or is it just an oil rig off in the distance or do you think it’s something else entirely?

No comments:

Post a Comment